- Ahead of the election there was a lot of talk about opinion polls. Tim Harford on Radio 4's More or Less tackled their strengths and weaknesses (and the misleading rise in nuns).
- Also election related, I thought the diagrams and maps used on the Economist’s website were nicely styled and succinct.
- With the rise of social media it was predicted that ‘Sentiment Analysis’ technology would soon be able to predict elections etc… I saw a few articles on how the technology is actually probably further away than previously assumed - 'Can Big Data reveal the mood of the electorate' and 'Tweets Analysed to predict General Election'.
- David McCandless shares his thoughts on the ingredients of a successful visualisation.
- Another Data related Ted talk. Ben Wellington talks through how opening up data can inspire citizens to improve things. NYC leading the way.
Just some of the interesting data related things I’ve seen recently:
The Data Thing
Thanks for visiting!